Thursday, August 09, 2012

Home Is Where The Heart Is

So Kalan and I took a huge step for a bunch of crazy 20-somethings! We bought our first house last year and we closed the week before Thanksgiving. God was so completely and absolutely gracious to us! We found a foreclosure way out in the country for a fraction of what the house is worth and we are only pay $50 more a month for our mortgage, insurance, and taxes than we paid for just rent. How awesome is that? The house about 1,800 square feet. It has 4 bedrooms (plenty of room for a growing family :D), 2 bathrooms, and the obvious stuff, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, and Kalan got a two car garage (that we don't park cars in right now because a) I am frightened that I will take out the house or break some mirrors on my car and b) we have some house projects being stored there right now but eventually Kalan will be able to park his car in there)!

So let's take a tour of our house. Be prepared for a very picture heavy post!

Here is the front of the house.
From left to right the windows belong to: The guest room; The dining room; and the garage.

The groom carrying the bride over the threshold.
Funny story: Kalan is not much taller than I am maybe 3-4 inches. (No, he does not like when I wear heels!) I also match him pound for pound (For now, we are working on losing weight and being healthy again.), so when he went to pick me up I almost squashed him like a bug. My friend, Heather, was taking the picture for us and we were all laughing so hard that we did fall down and then Heather had to sit on the floor before she fell down. The saying is so very true, "A picture is worth a thousand words (memories)"!

The man in the picture is Heather's husband, James.

Kalan painting.
Living Room


Kitchen

Me painting.
Dining Room

It is hard to see but we do have a tray ceiling. 
Master Bedroom

Looking through the door.

Looking to the left. We do have a shower on the other side of the tub but it isn't functional.

Looking to the right.

All the way to the back we have a toilet room. 
Master Bathroom

Wait 'til you see what we have done to this room!
Guest Room

Office (And one day nursery. :D)

Guest Bathroom


The awesome fan that actually came with the house!
Dog Room

I will show you the progress of the house in later posts, so don't think that this is what the house still looks like! If you know me, then you know that I can never leave well enough alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear any encouraging words or questions that you may have! So leave us a comment!