Friday, August 10, 2012

Today My Heart Is Aching

"Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again?" 
Courtesy of Rosa Parks
This is how I feel today. I thought I was ok...I thought I could handle it...I thought I was ready for rejection...But alas, I was not and I "pulled the scar off" again.

I beat myself up over past and present sin pretty frequently...It is bad and a sin. It is one that I have struggled with for a very long time. Kalan has been very instrumental in helping me to deal with the grief and heart ache that I put myself through and I am very thankful that God has given me to Kalan!

Today I just want to crawl under a rock and cry but my God is strong and through Him I am strong! Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to me! I am so unworthy but You still love me!

I have been living by the following verse for about 2 1/2 years and it is more personal now than it was then.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."


Sorry for all of the "doom and gloom" today but I really want to be real with all of you and being sad is part of life! On to more happy news! Tonight I am going to a PAR-TAY! I am so stinkin' excited to sit and talk with a family that I have not really hung out with since I got married! So look forward to pictures tomorrow about good food and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Stephanie. Lifting you up in prayer tonight and hoping your weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear any encouraging words or questions that you may have! So leave us a comment!